Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dear Landon

Dear Landon,

One year ago today, my entire world changed. It's only been a year, but it's so hard for me to imagine what my life was like before you were in it.

The day I found out I was pregnant, I loved you. The first time I saw you- a tiny little speck on an ultrasound monitor- I loved you even more. The first time I felt you move in my belly, that love multiplied. But that love couldn't compare to what I felt when I finally met you. It was amazing to me how much I could love someone I'd just met.

And, to quote Brad Paisley, I thought I loved you then. After all we've been through this past year, I just can't even put into words how much love I feel for you, and I know there's so much more to come.

I love watching you discover new things. I love when you put your head on my shoulder for "hugs and love." I love how you come and sit in my lap while you play. I love our story time before bed. I love how your face lights up when you first see me in the morning. I love seeing all the different sides of your personality- from silly to inquisitive to stubborn to confident. I love every second that I get to spend with you. You make me so happy, so proud, and so fulfilled.

I thank God every day for giving me such an amazing little boy. You have already given me so much, just by being you. I hope that I'm able to give you half as much in return. I promise that I will do everything in my power to try to. I promise to try my best to always guide you in the right direction, but at the same time to let you be yourself and to find your own way. I will always try to have patience with you and to understand and empathize, even if we don't always agree on everything. I promise to always have time for you and to have fun with you. I can't wait to help you with your homework, drive you to soccer practice, and do arts and crafts with you. I know that there will be bad times, but I also know that the good times will far outweigh them. Above all else, I will always love you, I will always be here for you, and I will always do what is best for you. I will always be your one and only Mommy. You are my Landon Bear, my Monkey, my Angel.  You are my whole world. I love you, baby boy.

What a difference a year makes.

Photobucket  Photobucket

I can't wait to see what's in store for us in years to come.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment: