Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The best part of the day

One day, right after Landon had started daycare, I pulled up to pick him up just as another parent was pulling up to pick up his daughter. I smiled and said "hi," and he replied with a smile, "This is the best part of your day, isn't it?"

He couldn't have been more right. I have about a 30 minute drive from work to daycare, and all I can think about during that drive is how much I can't wait to get there. To see who or what he's playing with, to read his little sheet telling me what he did that day, and most of all, to see the look on his face when he sees me.

No matter how awful my day has been, no matter how terrible of a mood I'm in, seeing this face just makes everything better.



That dad hit the nail on the head. It is absolutely the best part of my day. I'm sure every working parent feels the exact same way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. Love this post--it's so true, it is the best part of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is...and I LOVE seeing her "report card". Even, just reading when her naps were and what new things she did. Today - Play-doH!!

    ReplyDelete