Thursday, January 6, 2011

10 months

Landon is now 10 months old. He's starting to look more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby. I still can't figure out how this happens so fast. Here are some things that he's up to lately:

- Dancing. Whenever he hears music, he shakes his little booty up and down. It's so darn cute!

- Giving kisses. The open-mouthed, sloppy baby kind. The best kind ever, if you ask me. He will usually give them on demand, and occasionally, he'll give some unsolicited. He knows when he hears the kiss sound or the word kiss, to give one. It melts my heart every single time. Ironically, he learned this the same week that he had hand, foot, and mouth disease. How can you say no to baby kisses? Especially the first ones?! So of course, I graciously accepted my kisses and risked the virus.

- Playing peek-a-boo. He'll pull a blanket (or a diaper, or whatever else is around) up over his head, and when we say "Where's Landon?", he pulls it down himself, with a huge grin. He will play this game for quite a while, especially in the car.

- Rearranging the furniture. Despite having 23954874 toys, several of which are walking toys, he insists on pushing around the dining room chairs, bar stools, and his high chair. Justin says he's going to be a mover when he grows up. ;)

- Waving bye-bye. He does it every time you ask him if he wants to go bye bye, but he won't do it if you actually ask him to wave bye bye. Silly boy.

-Eating more and more big people foods. We're still on some purees, but he's getting very good at actually getting the peas and other foods into his mouth. Daisy and Tebow still eat very well when he's in his high chair, but now I can see that he's getting at least half of his food into his mouth. His current favorite (besides yogurt-his favorite food of all time) is grilled cheese. He's also saying "nom nom" while he eats. Apparently, he wants to make sure that he knows he's enjoying his food.

I say this every month, but I love this age more than any age we've experienced so far. I love that he can really interact with us and play games, and test us. I also see that he's going to be walking and talking very soon, which makes me feel excited and a little bit sad all at the same time. I love watching him grow, but I also want him to stay my baby forever. I guess that's a feeling that every parent experiences. I just love him more and more every day.


Me and my little angel:

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great picture of the two of you!

    I know what you mean about loving ever single stage that is new and exciting. I wonder when that stops...or if it stops.

    ReplyDelete